- 1 red onion
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup green olives stuffed with pimento
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 3/4 cup Italian giaradara vegetables
- 3 pinches pickled onions
- 2 tbsps capers
- 2 tbsps chopped garlic
- 4 pepperoncini (medium size)
- 2 tbsps fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
1. Begin by making the pickled onions. Slice the red onion into one inch long pieces. Place all chopped onions into a large mason jar.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a simmer.
3. Once simmering, remove from heat and pour into the mason jar filled with onions. Using a spoon, push the onions down into the liquid mixture until all onions are adequately covered.
4. Leave onions covered for at least 1.5 hours.
5. Drain the green olives, kalamata olives, italian giaradara, and capers, and any other ingredients that were purchased in a jar.
6. Combine all ingredients in a medium food processor. This includes the green olives, kalamata olives, Italian giaradara, pickled onions, capers, garlic, pepperoncini, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and salt and pepper.
7. Process until ingredients are chopped and mixed together.
8. Serve on sliced bread, crackers or as a part of a charcuterie board.